CREATING DIMENSION – LIVE WORKSHOPS
Want to create thick glass panels that have great dimension and depth?
In this 5-day Master Class, I will teach you how to apply enamel to glass layers, then stack and fuse these layers into solid panels. Topics covered include:
- design and image selection
- composition and layout
- maximizing the sense of depth and dimension in your work
- discussion of enamels and how they respond to fusing temperatures
- painting medium and tools
- how to mix and apply enamels
- fusing schedules
- bubble control
- kiln loading instructions
- finishing techniques
- plus, I now include a special unit describing everything abut my fog techniques
The emphasis of this workshop is on the processes involved in creating thick panels that include great dimension. It is not primarily a painting workshop, however many painting tips and techniques are also provided. Although drawing and painting experience is helpful, it is not required. Prior kiln-work experience is helpful.
Students will complete several initial exercises and 2 complete projects during this class, and are encouraged to choose and bring to the class printed images for compositions they would like to use for these projects. Important image selection guidelines will be provided prior to class.